Skin So Soft is a product sold strictly from Avon.
What is Avon? A pretty amazing company that sells beauty products, clothing, handbags, jewelry, men’s skin care, items for the home, and so much more.
How do I order? Easy! Go to my eStore: SamanthaMalone.avonrepresentative.com
Is it pricey? Nope! Always good deals on quality product.
Speaking of product, my family has become obsessed with the Skin So Soft line.
We have the spray bottle, but there are MANY variants. Body lotions, hand lotions, bath oils, shower gel, and more. CLICK HERE to see all the products and the great, I mean seriously GREAT prices.
What’s all the fuss about this one line? Its magnificent, and so many uses. I use it, my kids use it, and so does my husband. One simple bottle that a whole household can get so many uses from is a win for any mom.
The lady of the house: I spray this “magic potion” on my legs after I shave. Ohio winters are brutal on my skin, and my legs pay the biggest price. After using Skin So Soft bath oil spray on my legs, they were still super smooth the following night! WIN! I also tried it as a makeup remover, and I was very impressed at how easily it took off my foundation and primer.
The man of the house: My husband was a bit more skeptical. He does not like to use any of my lotions. The fragrances are too overwhelming for him. He decided to try the Skin So Soft bath oil spray in his beard. We decided to mix equal parts water with the oil. It tamed those fly-away beard hairs. He also was pleasantly surprised how smooth it made his skin and did not have an overly powerful odor. He is now using it regularly as part of his routine.
The children of the house: My two boys love this stuff. Their sweet little skin doesn’t hold up well in the winter. We constantly are lathering them in lotion after baths. One night I decided to try some of the bath oil spray on their backs. This is where most of their dry skin starts. They thought it was the neatest think because of how smooth it made their skin. I must say that their little backs are smooth as a baby’s bottom. They now request the spray after each bath.
I have found many more uses for the Skin So Soft bath oil. I am excited to try them all, and I will update this blog post when I do. Below are a few uses:
1. It’s a bath oil.
2. It’s an after shower moisturizer.
3. It can be used to remove makeup=
4. It’s a hot oil treatment to soften your nails and cuticle.
5. Great massage oil for overworked and sore muscles.
6. Pour a little in the water of your foot saver to help moisturize your feet while you relax them.
7. Cleans off tape marks left from bandages on skin.
8. Cleans ink off the skin and most vinyl and painted surfaces.
9. Insect repellent for people and their pets (As recommended in Outdoor Life and Field and Stream magazines, plus “Dear Abby” and “Oprah”).
10. Helps relieve itching caused by insect bites and dry skin.
11. Cleans heavy oil and grease from skin and non-porous surfaces (great for mechanics’ hands).
12. It’s a great hot oil treatment for hair.
13. Sponge it on screens and around doors and windows to keep crawling bugs, flies, and mosquitoes out (original scent only).
14. Rub on dry, cracked, bleeding skin. Stops bleeding and heals the skin in 2 to 3 days.
15. Put 1 to 2 caps in liquid soap and use it to shave legs and under arms. Helps razor glide over and leaves skin smooth.
16. Removes glue and gum left from price tags and labels from glass, metals, and most plastics.
17. Removes paint and stain from skin (much better than turpentine).
18. Removes candle wax from furniture and clothing.
19. Wipe down leather or vinyl surfaces inside your car. It not only cleans, but also keeps it soft and helps to prevent any cracking; cleans and removes smoke odor.
20. Spray on hinges to stop the squeak in a door.
21. Gets rid of fleas.
22. Mix five parts water, one part SSS and mist on animals. Brushing it in makes their coat gleam and keeps insects off so the animals don’t fidget in the show ring.
23. Mix in pet’s bath water once a month. It takes the fleas off of them and in between spray them with same mixture as in #37 to help keep them off.
24. It kills ants instantly.
25. Wash cupboards with SSS mixed in you cleaning water to keep away ants.
26. Removes crayon from surfaces.
27. Removes odors from hands after cleaning fish.
28. Add a capful to wash water of clothes, as a fabric softener and keeps bugs off clothes.
29. Soften a new baseball glove.
SKIN-SO-SOFT bath oil is approved by the FDA only as a bath oil. This list of uses comes from what customers have told they used over the years. Avon does not promote SSS bath oil as anything other than bath oil. Avon Products, Inc. or Ind. Avon Representatives can not be held responsible for your misuse of this product. Use only as you see fit.
1. It’s a great insect repellent for your pet.
2. Gets rid of fleas.
3. Mix 1 cup water, 1 cup SSS, 2 cups white vinegar, 1 Tbsp eucalyptus oil and mist on show animals. Brush it in and it makes their coats gleam and keeps insects off so the animals won’t fidget in the show ring.
4. Mix in pet’s bath water. It takes the fleas off of them, and in between spray them with same mixture as in #3 to keep them off.
5. Mix five parts water, one part SSS and mist on animals. Brushing it in makes their coat gleam and keeps insects off so the animals don’t fidget in the show ring.
6. Mix in pet’s bath water once a month. It takes the fleas off of them and in between spray them with same mixture as in #5 to help keep them off.
7. Rub on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove the strong smells.
SSS Horse Related Tips
1. It’s a great bug repellent. You can use full strength or dilute it. I prefer 1/3 SSS, 1/3 water and 1/3 white vinegar. This concoction keeps the spray bottles from clogging.
2. SSS Horse Tick/fly spray: Mix cup water, 1 cup SSS, 2 cups white vinegar, and 1 Tbsp. Eucalyptus Oil (available at drug stores) and mist on show animals. Brush it in and it makes their costs gleam and keeps insects off so the animals won’t fidget in the show ring.
3. SSS can be used as a hoof polish. This will put a nice shine to the hoof without drying it. The farrier’s wife will appreciate this one.
4. SSS can be used as a muzzle, eye, and ear enhancer. Generally baby oil was used but it was so messy. The SSS worked and still kept the bugs away.
5. For dry skin horses—give them a normal bath and then put a capful of SSS in a 5 gallon bucket of warm water and sponge this all over her. Her hair oat dries silky soft and stops the itching.
6. The bug guard towels worked great on the horses ears and around the eyes.
7. When braiding the manes, the Techniques Oil Sheen helped hold the braids better and they don’t try to rub them out.
8. The dry end serum worked in their tails as a detangler.
Recipe for Horses
1 (4-ounce) bottle of SSS Bug Guard, with SPF 15 (so you don’t have to wash off the horse, like other bug sprays, which is poisonous); pour that into a quart size spray bottle, then fill the four-ounce bottle with SSS bath oil…pour that into the quart size spray bottle, fill the rest of the spray bottle with water, and shake well….shake before each use. This mixture can be used on any type of animal, especially show animals as it makes them smell good also.
SSS Bath Oil Wipes
2 ½ c. water, 2 Tbsp. SSS soft and sensual oil, 4 drops tea tree oil – this prevents the wipes from molding, ¼ c. vinegar; shake; Add 1 tsp. to 1 Tbsp. Baby shampoo; pour over ½ roll paper towels with inner tube pulled out (or fabric wipes); bounty extra-large roll works best. Comment: there is some controversy among those who are really knowledgeable about this topic as to the safety of using mineral oil on a baby’s bottom. Soft and Sensual variety was used because canola oil is its base.
CLICK HERE to visit my eStore to shop this product and other great buys.
Disclaimer: This blog is my own and is not endorsed by Avon. My post is based on my own views.